The Robert C. Hoffman Charitable Endowment Trust was a vision of Robert C. Hoffman and was created at the time of his death. The Trust is guided by an Advisory Committee made up of Adams County residents with grant management services provided by the Adams County Community Foundation.
Each year the Advisory Committee grants a portion of the Trust to nonprofit organizations which serve the needs of the residents of Adams County. Applications are considered two times a year. Applicants may submit no more than four requests per fiscal year (8/1 to 7/31).
The Areas of Interest from the Original Trust Document Include:
- Religious entities for religious purposes
- Education and vocational education, public, private and parochial schools
- Prevention of abuse to children
- Prevention of abuse to animals
- Helping the needy and underprivileged
- Medical causes
- Literary causes
- Youth sports
- Capital campaigns
- Other causes which promote social welfare and lessen the burden of government
The Robert C. Hoffman Charitable Endowment Trust will not provide grants to:
- Organizations outside Adams County, unless it can be clearly demonstrated that Adams County residents will benefit from the funds requested
- Retire debt
- Fund raising events, endowment drives.
- Heirs, personal representatives or other contributors to the Trust, or to any heirs, successors, or personal representatives of any estate of any other contributor to the Trust
Proposals for the Winter 2018 grant rounds are now being accepted.
Download the application packet, project timeline and application budget form:
If this is your first proposal submission to the Hoffman Trust, please RSVP to attend the Grant Information Session on Thursday, January 4 from 1:30 – 3:00pm at Adams Electric Cooperative, 1338 Biglerville Road, Gettysburg, PA. The Grant Information Session will focus on 2018 proposals for the Hoffman Trust, with submission deadlines of January 15 (Winter 2018 grant round) and July 15 (Summer 2018 grant round).
To RSVP for the Hoffman Trust Grant Information Session, please email email@example.com with your full contact information and let us know you are planning to attend the Hoffman Trust Grant Information Session.